Sundeep (“Sunny”) K. Mullick
About Sundeep (“Sunny”) K. Mullick
Sunny focuses his practice on general and complex construction litigation, commercial litigation, and related bankruptcy issues. For over 25 years, Sunny has litigated numerous construction industry actions, contractual disputes, real estate related actions, and insurance and reinsurance actions. He has litigated numerous cases to verdict and has obtained settlements favorable to his clients on countless occasions. Sunny’s bankruptcy experience includes representing companies, individuals, trustees and creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 cases and in adversary proceedings. He also has extensive experience litigating multi-million-dollar receivership actions.
Besides providing a wealth of litigation experience to our clients, Sunny offers sound bankruptcy advice to our construction clients and pursues their creditors’ rights in bankruptcy court. He also offers our clients practical and extensive experience to prevent and defend FLSA claims by employees.
Sunny frequently practices in both state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels, and has significant arbitration experience. He has represented corporations, financial institutions, insurance companies, individuals, investors and foreign governments. He takes great pride in providing excellent personal service to his clients.
Originally from New York, Sunny received his undergraduate degree from Tufts University, and his J.D. degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. He practiced law in New York and New Jersey for several years before moving to Florida in 2004. He is fluent in Hindi and conversational in French.
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Courts for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
Recognition, Awards & CertificationsSunny has been selected as a Super Lawyer, listed in South Florida’s Legal Leaders and is an AV Preeminent lawyer by Martindale Hubbell.
- Defended and obtained affirmances by the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals;
- Obtained a favorable settlement in litigation against one of the world’s largest telecom conglomerates;
- Represented several employers in FLSA cases and obtained summary judgments or favorable settlements for clients;
- Represented Assignee in $20 Million assignment for benefit of creditors (ABC) case from inception to resolution;
- Represented Receiver of over $100 Million in real estate fraud case;
- Successfully litigated 99-year condominium recreational lease case to avoid rejection in bankruptcy court.