Peter B. Rowell has significant experience representing both subcontractors and general contractors, as well as design professionals, material suppliers and owners on such matters as payment disputes, mechanics’ lien and bond claims, and defect allegations. A big time fan of his two alma maters, Peter doesn’t miss many University of Miami or University of Arizona games.
Construction – Successfully represented electrical contractor in lien foreclosure dispute by obtained favorable settlement against condominium owner; prosecuted construction defect matter on behalf of general contractor against plumbing subcontractor and its insurer on hotel project, obtaining favorable settlement for general contractor prior to significant litigation; defended general contractor against claims of construction defects by governmental owner; successfully prosecuted defective roofing materials matter on behalf of general contractor.
Commercial Disputes – In dispute regarding window contractor’s covenant not to compete, collected full value of final judgement upon default of former employee under settlement agreement; collected full amount of judgement by garnishment upon default under settlement agreement against general contractor on behalf of subcontractor.
Publications, Presentations and Professional Activities
- Speaker, Money Talks: Increasing Your Chances of Getting Paid on a Construction Project Given to the Young Constructors’ Forum of the Associated General Contractors (October, 2013)
- Bond Protection under the Federal Miller Act, Construction Executive (April 2013)
- Speaker, I’ve Been Sued. Now What Roofing Contractors’ Association of South Florida (April, 2012)
- Construction Claims and Dispute Resolution Seminar, U.S. DOT/Surety and Fidelity Association Bonding Workshop (July 2011)
- An Insurer’s Duty to Defend the Defect Claim, Construction Executive Magazine (2011)
Recognition and Awards
- Board Certified Construction Law Expert, Florida Bar
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Florida (2014)
- Legal Counsel to the Young Constructors’ Forum of the Associated General Contractors (January 2014 – present)
- B.A., 2000, University of Arizona,
- J.D., 2005, University of Miami
- Florida’s state courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern
District of Florida