Leanne Frazee Tellam
About Leanne Frazee Tellam
Licensed since 1992, Leanne is a seasoned litigator with an extensive array of experience in civil litigation and practical business operations. She served as a certified civil mediator for over a dozen years, which trained her to identify crucial issues and move towards practical solutions for her clients. With a focus on defending large and small businesses throughout South Florida, she has served as counsel to some of the largest names in construction on both coasts. Her experience includes claims of all sizes and exposures in construction defect litigation and premises liability, as well as contract disputes and insurance coverage issues. Leanne particularly enjoys seeking solutions in maritime construction scenarios as a result of decades spent connected with the marine industry and her time practicing maritime law. She also has practical experience in environmental matters.
Leanne received her B.S. in Multinational Business from Florida State University cum laude with a minor in Spanish. She then returned to South Florida and earned her J.D. from the University of Miami. She is fluent in Spanish and active in charitable organizations such as the Junior League of Miami, PTSA and scouting. She also serves as Vice Mayor for the Village of Palmetto Bay, a position she was elected to in December 2020.
- B.S. Multinational Business, Florida State University, 1989 cum laude Florida Academic Scholar
- Centro Cultural Costarricense-Norteamericano, 1987, Spanish Language & Literature summer study program
- J.D. 1992, The University of Miami
- University College of London, Faculty of Law, 1990 International Business summer study program
- Florida’s State courts (1992)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida (1995)
Recognition, Awards & Certifications
- Vice Mayor of Palmetto Bay, Florida (2020 – 2024)
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator (2008 - 2020)
- President, The Junior League of Miami (2013-2014)
- Florida Bar Education Law Committee (2015 - present)
- Sustaining Advisor, Junior League Headquarters, Inc. (2018-present)