- B.S., 1978, Florida State University
- M.A., 1983, Washington University in St. Louis
- Ph.D., 1985, Washington University in St. Louis
- J.D., 1991, University of Miami, cum laude
- Florida’s state courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Recognition, Awards And Certifications
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Duke University Medical Center (Durham, NC)
- AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Defended a general contractor in multi-district federal class action litigation involving property damage and personal injury claims related to installation of Chinese drywall in high-rise condominium project; successfully represented a subcontractor in product and construction defect action involving multi-million dollar oceanfront property; successfully represented property owner in claims against subcontractor resulting from water damage to oceanfront house; defended developer/property owner in action related to construction defects alleged by subsequent purchaser of multi-million dollar beach house.
Initiated a breach of contract action against municipality regarding management of city-owned country club property; represented a real estate development company in challenge to a public-private redevelopment project for construction of commercial property and parking garage; defended a software development firm in false claim/qui tam action dealing with a multi-million dollar penalty and possible debarment from future government contracts; brought action against disloyal former employees for enforcement of non-compete agreements and for damages; represented a government contractor in suit against state agency and former employee for theft of trade secrets and breach of contract; assisted a national real estate development company in eminent domain and breach of contract proceeding against utility regarding operation of golf course; successfully defended federal contractor against claims under false claims act.