Jason served as a commissioned officer in the United States Army with active service in Eastern Europe, Central and South America, Central Asia, and Southwest Asia. Jason was also a special agent with Immigration and Customs Enforcement where he served as a founding member of the Department of Homeland Security. Jason frequently sat as the lead investigator targeting human trafficking organizations and transnational criminal enterprises involved with smuggling illicit goods and narcotics into the United States.
In that capacity, Jason closely worked with foreign governments, domestic and international law enforcement agencies, and the United States federal courts to assist with successfully resolving multiple defendant, multiple issue, highly technical jury trials to verdict.
Following his career as a special agent, Jason next served with the Office of the Legal Adviser, at NATO’s Strategic Headquarters Allied Powers Europe in Mons, Belgium, and later with the U.S. State Department at the American Embassy in Accra, Ghana where he interfaced with American diplomats and host state ministerial officials, analyzing and reporting issues of regional significance.
Jason also interned with the Office of the United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida. He served as president of the advocacy board while in law school where he successfully won several significant national appellate-level moot court competitions. Jason’s practice concentrates on civil litigation, dispute resolution, and arbitration.
- Author, “What’s the Problem Money Can’t Solve? Why Determining the Validity of a Copyright Application is a Clear Precondition to an Infringement Action.” Ohio Northern University Law Review, Volume 39, Issue 2, (2013).
- Author, “Elucidating the Necessity of Abolishing Unilateral Appointments in International Arbitration.” University of Miami School of Law (2015)
- B.A., 1996, St. Thomas University
- J.D., 2012, Florida A&M University College of Law
- LL.M., 2016, University of Miami School of Law
- Florida state courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida