Sign-up For an Upcoming Webinar or Seminar
- This event has passed.
Miami Lien Law Seminar
November 7, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$75
You will get answers to all of these questions and more:
- Does my contract/subcontract need to be in writing to be enforceable?
- Is my estimate, proposal or invoice an enforceable contract?
- What are the most important contract provisions that should be in my agreement?
- Which is better, mediation, arbitration or litigation and which should be in my contract?
- What is a pay-when-paid clause and how do I deal with it?
Notices to Owners
- What is a Notice to Owner and why will it help me get paid?
- When do I need to send my Notice to Owner to best protect myself?
Liens and Bonds
- What is a payment and performance bond and how can I get bonded?
- How and when do I record a lien?
- How and when do I make a payment bond claim?
- What happens after I lien or make a bond claim? How do I get paid?
Waivers and Releases
- What form of partial and final waiver and release should I use?
- How can I make my release conditioned upon getting a paid first?
- Why does the release say $10? Does it matter?
- How do I preserve change orders and delay claims when I need to sign a release?
- What “through date” should I use? What if the “through date” and payment don’t match?
Lien Law Traps
- How do I respond to a “Request for Sworn Statement of Account”? What if I don’t?
- What is a “Notice of Contest of Lien” and what do I do if I get one?
- What is a “20 Day Summons” and what do I do if I get one?
- Can I stop working if I am not paid?
- Can I take my materials back if I am not paid?
- If I have to hire a lawyer, can I recover the legal fees and costs?
- Once I record a lien, what happens next? How do I get paid?
- I sent my Notice of Nonpayment to the surety. When will they pay me?
- My lien was “bonded off.” Now what?