6 Ways to Lose Your Claim of Lien Rights
Here are 6 quick ways to lose your claim of lien:
- Not serving a Notice to Owner on any owner with whom you don’t have a direct contract.
- Not filing a separate lien for each direct contract.
- Failing to file suit to enforce your lien within 60 days of receiving a Notice of Contest of Lien.
- Misapplication of a partial payment of materials.
- Not furnishing a Statement of Account within 30 days of demand.
- Refusing to provide a list of subcontractors and suppliers who have a contract to furnish material or services.
Don’t make these mistakes. Know the law by downloading the #1 guide to Florida’s construction lien law, Sink or Swim: Navigating Florida’s Lien Law. You’ll learn when and how to record a construction lien that can be enforced.